A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Tell Me

I want to know how you feel.
Tell me is our love real?

We are separated by the miles.
I have to hear from you to remember all the smiles.

All my love is there.
But please tell me you care.

I don’t want to have to say good-bye.
Tell me the truth and I’ll try not to cry.

You know my feelings for you.
Just tell me you love me too.

If you need some time, that’s okay.
Just tell me and I’ll wait everyday.

My love is strong enough to hold on.
Hold on ‘til you tell me,
‘cause I’ve loved you for so long.

(written for a friend, Angie Hickey)


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home