A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Be Yourself

“Be yourself”, I hear it all the time no matter where I go.
But yet I’m afraid and don’t always let that side show.

I mean maybe I want to wear a red shirt and purple jeans.
And die my hair a different shade, the color of string beans.

Some may say it is fine and go ahead and do it.
But I know that people would talk,
And wouldn’t like it the slightest bit.

Most people think I’m quiet most of the time
But crazy when I feel that way.
Those statements are true, although,
I feel different most every day.

I can be totally outrageous if I want to.
And others do it with no shame.
So when they say “be yourself”,
I tell them the same.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home