A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Thinking…

As I lie here in my room tonight, I’m thinking of many things.
I’m thinking about us and the new love we’ve now got.
I can’t believe it’s happening.
But I do know, you’re the special one I’ve sought.

Maybe I shouldn’t say this but I will anyway.
Sometimes I think of other guys I’ve given my heart and soul to.
But I know you’re very different,
‘cause all they think about is someway to use you.

Even though our lives are different, I love you in every way.
I know we can get through anything, I just need you to stay.

I find myself now drifting off to sleep.
I’ll wander to the world of miracles, a place they call dreamland.
I’ll put off ‘til tomorrow the troubles I may have.
And in my dreams, you’ll be with me, right there holding my hand.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home