A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Why?

Why is our relationship this way?
It seems like it gets worse everyday.

Why do you say things that make me hurt?
I really don’t fool around and flirt.

Why do you act like this?
It is the trust I really miss.

I know you really love me.
But jealousy is no way to show it.
Why can’t you see?

Why can’t you act like all our friends?
They spend time together and it never ends.

Please listen to what I’ve said.
Don’t forget about it and put in the back of your head.

I really want to make it last.
Don’t let it end so fast.

(written for a friend, Stacy Miller)


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home