A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

I Remember…

I remember that night on the phone.
You were at a friend’s and I was at home.

You’re friend asked me if I’d go with you.
It wasn’t the first time and we’d start off new.

I first found out if you want to know.
Then I said yes, my spirits were no longer low.

Four months had past
and finally at last.

It was out first kiss.
I sight you wouldn’t want to miss.

The next six months were very fun.
Movies, ballgames, and they were done.

We’d sit on my patio in the romantic moonlight.
And gaze at the starts that filled the night.

When you’d kiss me I’d just melt.
Warmness inside was all I felt.

I loved you so much, the feeling so grand.
When you put your arms around me, how you held my hand.

These things are all behind.
But I’ll remember them ‘cause everything’s a sign.

To the times we shared together.
And the love I’ll have for you forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home