A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

April Fool

This one was actually written by a classmate - Darcy Turecek

Today is April Fool’s Day,
And I think it meant for me.
‘Cause I was very foolish,
as anyone can see.

I guess I’d say I blew my chance to ever be with you.
And no matter how I try, there’s nothing I can do.

I thought that maybe we’d be the way that we once were.
But I decided to forget it when I heard of you and her.

You do everything together now,
I doubt you’ll ever part.
Sometimes I think you’ll flaunt it,
‘cause you know it breaks my heart.

I love you more than you’ll know,
And you’re the one I’m missing.
I wish instead of her,
It was me that you were kissing.

I guess it’s really over,
And I should be moving on.
For whatever we once had,
It now forever gone.

It’s funny though I’d take you back,
Even though you’ve been so cruel.
I guess it all comes down to one thing,
I’m just your April Fool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home