A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

To You…

I tried so many times to write this in a letter.
But I had to do what I do best to tell you even better.

I don’t want you to think our love was something I wanted to flaunt.
It’s all so confusing, I don’t know what I really want.

I wanted someone special,
and that’s what I thought you be.
But it’s been so long since I have been,
I just want to be free.

I want us to just let go.
I can’t keep my feelings locked up inside,
I have to let them grow.

I’m sorry if this hurts you,
That’s something I can’t change.
I have to put my life in order,
I’ve got to rearrange.

I know there’s something that I need.
Maybe someday when I’ve had time to think,
We’ll try this once again,
After I’ve found that missing link.

Please promise me we’ll stay friends
And you’ll try to understand.
I just need to be alone for awhile,
With no one to hold my hand.

Hopefully in no time at all,
my life will be as good as new.
What we had will always be,
I’ll never forget you.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home