A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

You, Me…Us!

It is hard to explain how I feel about you.
I’m not sure if my dream will come true.

We were together before and had fun that night.
But it ended in less than a week.
While I cried there was nothing in sight.

So many people like you, it’s hard to adjust.
There is lots of love we could share,
but there has to be trust.

I don’t want to be hurt by you anymore.
If you don’t feel the same, let me walk out the door.

Don’t show what seems to be love,
Then push me away.
I really want to make things work,
I really want to stay.

I know in my heart what I feel for your is right.
But we both have to show how much we care
All through the day and night.

Please consider what I’ve said and don’t make any mistakes.
I’ve loved you too long for just another heart ache.

I hope you realize what could be,
And the fun times we’d have together.
And also, no matter what,
I’ll love you forever.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home