A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Life & Childhood

We’ve all made mistakes one time or another.
We just want to hide in the arms of our mother.

I have made so many mistakes in such a short time.
It would be easier if life was like a nursery rhyme.

So many things have happened and so many people were hurt.
Why did I act like a child and push people in the dirt?

I wish I could erase the last year.
I just sit in the dark and like a baby,
I shed a tear.

I’ll just have to try to cope with all of this.
I still need my dad’s encouraging kiss.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home