A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Friend!

You are a true friend.
If I was upset,
To my needs you would tend.

There were many times when I needed to talk.
No matter what you would,
So we’d go for a walk.

You’ve helped me through troubled times.
If I did anything wrong,
You didn’t care about my crimes.

You’ve done so many things to show you understand.
You cared more than anyone,
And always lent a helping hand.

To show how much I love you,
In a sisterly way.
From now on if you need me,
Just ask any day.

Maybe this way I can repay you.
‘Cause you’ve always been there
When I need someone to listen and help too.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home