A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Mom and Dad

You’ve always been there.
Right by our side through it all.
You’ve shown us how to care.
You caught us whenever we’d fall.

You’ve believed in us and what we can do.
You’re love and trust has always carried on.
Everything you did to or for us,
Has been to show us the childish things must be gone.

The two of you hold all us together.
You teach us the way things are the best you can.
I most of all should know, we take you for granted.
No matter what, you try and understand.

Things do go wrong in your life
And you wonder if tomorrow will bring something new.
Just always remember, we all very much love you.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home