A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Sad Songs Say So Much

A few weeks ago I was “Lost In Love”
But now I’ve got “Sad Eyes”.
I thought I was “Never Gonna Let You Go”
But now I might have to say good-bye.

There might have been a “Careless Whisper”
Somewhere in our fight.
I do know it’s “Hard For Me to Say I’m Sorry”
And I want things to be “Alright”.

If you think we should end it, “I Can’t Hold You Back”
And you’re “All I Need”.
But now we’re “Making Love Out of Nothing at All”,
Where is that going to lead?

“Tonight, I Celebrate” ‘cause we’ve been together so long.
I want to be “Every Woman in the World” to you from now on.

When we started going together there were “Two Less Lonely People in the World”
And you’re a “Hard Habit to Break”.
“Babe, I Love You” so take me in your “Open Arms” and “Don’t Let it End”,
We’ve got too much at stake.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home