A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Teenage Years

Your teenage years are the best.
You’re always on the go
And your parents tell you to take a rest.

They feel the know all that’s good for you.
But your teenage years are a big step
To discovering something new.

Your world is big and bright
Although you’re down from day to day.
A special someone can help that
Like they say, “love will find a way”.

In these years you really need your friends and family too.
But they must realize you need your independence.
It’s something you must do.

A good part of your life is filled with fun and tears.
Never forget all that’s happened,
For these are your teenage years.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home