A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

To Chris (Is it too late?)

I can’t think of much to say,
That hasn’t been said before.
You probably understand,
But I’d like to say it once more.

I’ve waited for so long
For this certain dream to come true.
I wanted with all my heart
To be special to you.

Since we go to different schools,
It’s hard from day to day.
There are a lot of girls you could have,
It’s needless to say.

So many things have happened
In that very short time.
It seemed to every one else
My jealousy was a crime.

I just want you to know,
I really like you a lot.
Maybe we’ll all be friends again,
‘cause it was dumb to have fought.

I’m sorry for the problems I caused,
And the other stuff too.
I just want to talk things over
And get back with you.

I guess I should go now.
I’ve carried this on so long.
Just one more thing,
I don’t want to give up and move on.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home