A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Are You There?

It has been a long time since I’ve seen you.
You were more to me than even a good friend.
We had lots of fun, even though I was little.
After the accident, I knew in my heart it was the end.

I was only nine then and didn’t want to cry.
But now I’ve got to tell you, at least I have to try.

Then I found it easy to blame God for what was done.
Now I know he needed a friend, and chose you to be that one.

I wish that you here with me ‘cause I really do miss you.
I’ll always remember you and what you’d be.
On May 15th it’s hard to get through my day.
I just know you’re happy and hope your thinking of me.

I guess its true life is short no matter how long you live.
There is just one more thing I’d to say.
You were very special and always will be.
Even though you were my cousin, I loved you in every way.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home