A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Good-bye

I don’t know what to say now,
Or if there is something I can say.
Everything was great before.
But the way things are now,
It could end any day.

We have had so many fights,
It seems it’s all that we do.
I know I may give you reason to be mad.
But I don’t think it’s every time, do you?

Just one question if you don’t mind,
Where did we go wrong?
When I think of the good times,
I wish they could go on and on.

If you think we should let go,
Then tell me, I’ll understand.
I won’t hang on to you,
I’ll let you find someone else to hold your hand.

Like I said I can’t really talk to you anymore
And there are tears in my eye.
You deserve better but I don’t want to say good-bye.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home