A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

I Wonder…

I often wonder about many things.
Like the birds and how they sing.

I wonder about the stars and how they shine.
All the time spent gazing, all those dreams of mine.

I wonder about people, how they think and how they feel.
So many things happen, sometimes I wonder if our world is real.

I wonder ‘bout lost loves, how their memory lingers on.
I wonder why I feel the same after it has been so long.

I wonder about my friends from day to passing day.
Just when you think you know them, they seem so far away.

I wonder what this is or what that may be.
But what I really wonder is, if with all people’s judgements,
Is it safe to just be me?

The question I find myself asking is “why?”.
Then wonder if it’s okay to go ahead and cry.

I wonder about lots of things in this world we live in.
Even though lots of people put me down,
I know wonder is no sin.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home