A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

The Truth

(author unknown)

I want to know the truth
Of exactly how you feel.

Is this just a game for you
Or is our love real?

I wish that I could tell you
That I think our love is right.

But I don’t dare because I fear
You’re with someone else tonight.

Who knows?
Maybe it’s just my imagination running wild.

But please be honest and sincere with me,
Don’t treat me like a child.

If you can say you really care
And look me in the eye.

Then I will always care for you.
Otherwise, good-bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home