A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Never Forget

I remember the night we first met.
To tell the truth, I can’t forget it.

I wanted to get to know you better,
If only for a bit.

I can’t believe the affect you’ve had on me.
The time since I’ve seen you seems so long.

But I think of us sitting there together
And in my mind that night lingers on.

I might not ever see you again
And I hate to think that I won’t.

I really want to be with you,
So I’ll leave you with this note.

I know we are miles apart
And a chance of me and you seems so far away

But maybe if we keep dreaming,
It will happen someday.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home