A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Hello

“Hello” is the word I say.
But it feels like you’re pushing me away.

I don’t want you to think I’m pressuring
And there’s a lot that I demand.

I wish you’d tell me what is wrong.
I’ll try to understand.

I thought we were getting close again.
As you probably know,
I want to be more than a friend.

I started to change so we could try.
But now you’re acting different
And I don’t know why.

Maybe I am asking too much of you.
And maybe wishing wasn’t the right thing to do.

But now it seems hope is all I’ve got.
I guess if I lose you,
That’s a valuable lesson taught.

If it’s time you need,
You’ve got all you want.

And if you find you care for me,
I will not flaunt.

If you decide you want to be alone,
I’ll try not to cry.

But I’ll keep on saying “hello” to you.
‘Cause I never want to say “good-bye”.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home