A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Dear Diary . . .

Haven’t written in a while,
Probably because I’ve been looking…

Looking for that one special guy.
Someone that will make me smile.

Got some good news and some bad news.
He was right here all the time.

But he doesn’t feel the same.
Am I playing a losing game?

Maybe at one time he did care.
But I know the once loving feelings,
Never again we will share.

I really wish I could talk to him.
And prove that to try wouldn’t be a foolish whim.

I knew all along that I would never forget.
Even though someone broke us up.

I can’t help but think
It could be much better yet.

I guess I’ll go now.
I’ll write again someday.

Hopefully things will be different.
I just want his love to stay.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home