A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

The Way I Am

Sometimes I hate myself,
Friends and family too.

I just give up and don’t want to try
To make my dreams come true.

Just when life is looking good
And things are going right.

Then it all starts to crumble again
And I can’t even stand up and fight.

I never want to get so down again
And try to hide.

‘Cause the last time I was really depressed,
I attempted suicide.

I want to talk to someone
But it’s all been said before.

I only get this way now and then.
I feel I can’t take anymore.

But what can be done
For someone like me?

Well, no one has the answers
For something they can’t see.

I can’t always explain how I feel
And what I say.

I can’t even explain my different
Moods from day to day.

I guess since I’ll always be this way
And will hardly ever change.

I’ll learn to like myself
And try to rearrange.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home