A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Bound by Love

I remember how it started,
We liked each other for a while.
When you asked me I was shocked
But still it made me smile.

Whenever we fight, you say it’s ‘cause of you.
But to argue it takes two.

Don’t worry ‘cause couples do fight.
With every good thing comes problems,
That’s what makes it right.

When you come over, the little water fights
Are only part of the fun we share.
I know we’ll have many more good times.
And I also know you really care.

Sometimes you ask how long we’ll last
And you hope it’s forever.
I don’t know what the future holds.
But I hope we spend each day together.

You are so sweet and kind to me.
You know what that makes me think of?
The only way to describe us,
Is that we’re bound by love.

(written for a friend, Chari Davis)


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home