A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Second Time Around

I know it’s hardly the second time we’ve been together.
But it’s only the second time I feel the love we’ll have forever.

I can never tell you
How much it means to me to have another chance.
And I’ll do my best,
In every way, to fill it with romance.

If I’ve told you once, I swear,
I’ve told you a million times.
Home much I really love you
And now once again in this rhyme.

I’m really very happy to be with you now,
Though it’s not a new love we’ve found.
It’s true love is so much sweeter
The second time around.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home