A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Questions

Who was this person who from my dreams had come to be?
Who was this person who touched a part of me?

What are these feelings that took my head and heart?
What are these feelings that now rip that apart?

Where is the hope his smile brought to my day?
Where is the hope that this time it’d be okay?

When will I ever hear his voice or feel his touch?
When will I ever be able to say I miss him oh so much?

Why must it hurt so bad to feel that he is gone?
Why must it hurt so bad for his memory to linger on?

How do I forget the way he made me feel?
How do I forget what I so wanted to be real?

Who can change this emptiness that seems to fill each night?
Who can change this wrong and make it right?

What can stop these thoughts from running through my mind?
What can stop this wondering if love & happiness I’ll ever find?

Where is the one who will complete my life?
Where is the one who will want me for his wife?

When do I get my happily ever after?
When do I get to feel the warmth of his laughter?

Why can’t we be together, sharing all we say and do?
Why can’t he come to me and say the one I want is you?

How do I stop feeling that a part of life is missing?
How do I stop wishing it was me that he is kissing?

Who can tell me what will make it right?
Where to find the answers?
When to give up the fight?
Why it has to be so hard from day to passing day?
How I’ll ever find my way?


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home