A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Never Say Goodbye

I never got the chance to say goodbye to you.
Though I know you’ll be back, until that time I’ll be blue.

I can’t begin to explain why you suddenly were gone.
I thought I’d be okay until I heard our song.

Maybe you knew I’d cry
And wanted to avoid putting off our love.
But not getting the chance,
Hurts more than saying goodbye would of.

My feelings haven’t changed,
Except I’m a little confused.
I believe you still love me
And I’m not being used.

When you get back we’ll work things out
And I’ll no longer have to cry.
I want you to know I’ll always love you
And will never say goodbye.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home