A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

I’ll Get Over the Hurt

I sit here tonight in my room all alone.
I’m feeling so much hurt that no one in this world
Ever before could have known.

I get so mad and all I can do is cry.
I ask myself “if you really care, then why?”

I know deep down you do love me
And it’s hard to be together.
But I’ve fought and could have lost a lot
For our love to last forever.

You think it’s almost over
But it’s hardly just begun.
There are going to many more nights
When I’m the left out one.

Do you remember that weekend we were so happy
Making love in my bed?
We’ve hurt each other many times
And I’m sorry for all I’ve said.

You think I could have anyone else
But honey, you’re the one I need.
I want so much for that day
When our own life we can lead.

I’ve said so many times I’ll wait for you
And I really want you to believe it.
I love you with all my heart.
Our life is going to be perfect.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home