A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

I Truly Love You

You are very, very special
That’s easy to see.
You mean so much more
Than anyone every has to me.

It’s been such a long time
Since I first saw you as more than a friend.
I knew then I had to try,
I couldn’t let my thoughts of what could be just end.

So many things have happened since then.
We were together and apart so many times
And each time my heart had to mend.

But I never gave up.
I held on to dreams and hoped everyday.
I just wanted one more chance and that’s all.
‘Cause I wasn’t gonna let you go again, no way.

Well, now we are together once more
And we have so much to share.
You love me as much as I have loved you for so long
And really show me you care.

We are gonna have a great life together
And each day will bring us something new.
For now and forever, I can honestly say…
I truly love you.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home