A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Our Secret Love

I still don’t believe this is happening,
It just doesn’t seem real.
How could you fall for me?
I didn’t know you felt that same way I feel.

I’m really very happy now,
More than ever before.
You treat me better than anyone
And give me so much more.

I never thought there’d be anyone other than him
But I’m so glad you’re there.
I love you with all my heart
And I want you to know I care.

Things are gonna be a lot different
As soon as we both are free.
Our lives are gonna be better.
I hope you stay with me.

I think of you all the time
And wish you were always near.
I miss you so very much
When you’re there and I’m here.

We have so much fun
When we spend time together.
I pray no matter what,
Our love will last forever.

Remember I’ll always wait for you,
As long as it will take.
I could never let go of you,
There’s so much more love to make.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home