A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

“Crazy For You”

Ok - disclaimer here - I wrote this during my NSYNC phase. This is written using almost all the the song titles from their first (2) cd's.

“Here We Go”, I need to tell you how I feel.
You stir up such a mix of emotions that sometimes “It Makes Me Ill”.

It’s so easy to see that “God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You”.
It’s “Tearin’ Up My Heart” wondering if you feel the same way too.

“I Just Wanna Be With You”, I would surely give “Everything I Own”.
“I Want You Back” here with me, not just a voice on the phone.

“I Drive Myself Crazy” dreaming of you, but oh what a joy.
Cuz in my “Digital Getdown” you’re my “Space Cowboy”.

“You Got It” – what it takes to make my heart sing.
I know you’d give your all, even “For The Girl Who Has Everything”.

“I’ll Be Good For You” and trust I would never say “Bye Bye Bye”.
“I Need Love” but it’s even more important to be a friend by your side.

I know it is your time to find your way and “No Strings Attached” is best.
If we just hold on, fate will do the rest.

A so-called friend says time will pull us apart and “That’s When I’ll Stop Loving You”.
“I Thought She Knew” our bond can’t be broken no matter what we say or do.

Through all your travels and though there are others you may see.
Your smile gives me faith that in the end “It’s Gonna Be Me”.

I love you and even when my soul is “Sailing” to the heavens blue.
You’ll always be in my heart, “This I Promise You”.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home