A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

And Daddy, We Love You

(written following my father's death and read at his funeral)

It is hard to find the words that I want to say.
It’s going to be a sad and difficult day.

Today we say goodbye to a very special man.
And to share the love that was felt in the touch of his hand.

I can think of so many things that remind me of my dad.
I remember back to all the fun times we’ve had.

I can’t believe it happened though we’ve expected it so long.
You want to get close to him and suddenly he’s gone.

He was such a big part of many lives and each will never forget.
The loving person that he was and just how much he meant.

We can all take comfort that he is no longer in pain.
And to quote a favorite song, “our world’s loss is heaven’s gain.”

At night when I can’t sleep I miss my dad so much.
I wish I had another chance for him to feel my touch.

I know he is up there watching and with us he’ll laugh and cry.
Although I didn’t say it , he knew I loved him when I kissed him goodbye.

He is in a better place now and we should be moving on.
In our hearts he’ll always stay and he’ll never truly be gone.

And daddy, we love you.

In loving memory of Forrest Wynne Kinnison
Born March 6, 1933
Died August 10, 1987


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home