A Part of Me

This is a place to publish all my poetry that I've written since junior high school. The ones I wrote first will post first and you probably will be able to tell a teenager wrote them. HA. But as they progress I hope they became more insightful and even inspired. Some have definite themes to the writing style, flow, or continuity that I hope people will catch onto.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

I’ll Love You Forever

Tonight you shared a part of you
That I never dreamt I’d know.
The words that you have written,
I can’t seem to let go.

It seems we’ve made a connection.
A bond that will not break.
An everlasting togetherness
That only God could ever make.

But yet at that moment,
When you were saying goodbye.
I felt so far away from you.
I just wanted to cry.

I have a tremendous need
To always be by your side.
I love you with all my heart.
These feelings I’ll never hide.

I can’t imagine my life without you
Though I’m not pressuring you to stay.
I’ll take faith in our relationship.
Our love will guide the way.

All I’m asking is that you love me.
Please be honest and true.
Then in my heart you’ll always stay.
I’ll forever love you.


By: Lori Kinnison Fortmann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home